Are you bored just watching the rain? Do you wish desperately you could go outside? Instead of drowning in boredom, find something fun to do inside or get out and enjoy the rain! Here are 9 useful ways to enjoy your rainy day from wikiHow.
1. Cook something
One of the best ways to keep busy during a rainy day is to cook. This keeps you busy and lets you use some of those ingredients in your pantry you’ve been wanting to try. The best part is that you end up with a tasty result at the end that everyone can enjoy!
Ex: Chocolate chip cookies, fancy cupcake recipe, family recipe, or teach your kids cooking
2. Knit, crochet or sew
Find a tutorial online that teaches you how to knit, crochet, or sew. Spend the day learning if you’ve never done these things before. Find a fun pattern and create a gift for someone.
3. Read a book
Spend those rainy days engrossed in a good book. Reading is a great way to go on an adventure without having to leave your house. Find a book on your bookshelf, go to the library, or download a book onto your electronic reader. Pick up a book you’ve always wanted to read but never had the time to. Reading in the rain is much more effective and easier to focus.
4. Stay creative
Open up your imagination and write a story. Find the idea of your story and start writing. Have fun with it as you create your own world. If you’re not a writer, try drawing or painting a picture instead.
5. Clean your house
Cleaning is something we always promise ourselves we’ll do, but sometimes we ignore that because of our busy lives. What better way to use a rainy day than by doing chores? Clean and organize the parts of your house that really need maintenance. This way, you won’t have cleaning and organizing to worry about when the sunny weather returns.
6. Go for a walk
If you’re not scared to get wet, take an umbrella with you and go for a nice long walk. Walk to a park near your house or visit a friend who doesn’t live right around the corner. Take in a different way the world looks around you in the rain. Visit a local state park or wildlife reserve. If you live in the city, take a tour around the city with an umbrella.
- One advantage of rainy days have is that fewer people will be out. You can have a nice walk and explore some local sites without crowds of people around
- Rainy days also give you an opportunity to wear your rainy day clothes. Don that trench coat you never wear and the boots gathering dust in your closet
- Being outside for a while and moving help makes you feel like you did something useful with your day
- If you’re into photography, make sure to take your camera along – you might get some inspiration along the way
7. Watch Movie or TV Show
Gather friends and family together and host a movie marathon. Choose classics the kids haven’t seen, rent a bunch of new releases, or rewatch favorites.
- Have a rainy day theme with films featuring rain, storms, or the word rain, like Singing in the Rain.
- Choose a genre and watch a bunch of movies from it. Have an action-packed day, scare yourself with horror movies, or have a laugh with some classic comedies.
8. Game game game!!
Gather your family, invite your friends, and sit around the table to play board games and card games. This is a great way to catch up with your loved ones, talk, laugh, and enjoy being together.
9. Enjoy the rain
Sit out on your porch or balcony with a mug of hot chocolate, tea, or coffee. Listen to the sound of the rain and watch it as it falls. Take the time to relax and focus on the weather instead of life.